Skip to main content

Birthday Wishes

Recently I was hired by a couple to renovate their log home. We started in the Kitchen this led to the living room, sunroom, bathroom and office. The project has been going on since March of this year and is still a work in process.



During this my client had asked her 10 year old daughter what she wanted for her 11th Birthday and to this question she said Mom all I really want for my birthday is to have Sonya design my room.....just like the rest of the house. The wish was granted and I started having chats with the young lady as to what she would like in her space. Before I could get another word out she said PINK.
Now the fact that this little lady was soon going to be a teenager I thought there is not possible way I can do her entire room in Pink....she would grow out of it within the year. What I decided to do is vamp it up a little...make it a little more funky and updated. I chose a very pale purple for the walls, brought in some white to brighten the room as there was so much wood being a log home. I then introduced her pink in a more grown up " Hottie" Pink and for the drama queen in her a big splash of black.


The end result....SHE LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here are some Before and After....enjoy!
                                   











Popular posts from this blog

Designer at Home

Click here to view this photo book larger

Kitchen Renovations

So you’re planning a new kitchen the single most important room in any home. The task will be exciting and daunting at the same time. The process can be overwhelming but so rewarding when you get the kitchen of your dreams. Here is the clincher.....it can be expensive especially when you make costly mistakes. Here are a few ideas and options for you to consider when making the leap into the unknown. Option 1: Complete Kitchen Renovation This will be the most expensive option of all but oh so satisfying when it is completed. Depending on the scale of the Renovation you may be removing/adding walls, adding new windows, tearing up old flooring and adding new. Demolition of old cabinetry, counter tops, backsplash to make way for new. You will need professional help from an Interior Designer, decorator or kitchen Designer to help you with the layout of the space. You will have electrical and plumbing to do and measurements of surfaces to be taken. You will need to choose such things as p...